View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Neurontin to Topomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Ask your doctor to switch you to Topamax. I would BET that you won't have that trouble with it and you WON'T need to be on that high of a dose. I've been on it for years, and I'm only on 400mg per day!! It has taken away ALL the burning, tingling, pain. I occasionally still have numbness but that's because I have severe nerve damage.

Ask your doc about the Topamax. I'm sure you'll like it much better! Neurontin is AWFUL and makes you retain water and makes you LOOPY. God bless and take care! Hugs, Lee

Lee: Thanks for the suggestion. I saw the surgeon yesterday and he switched me to Lyrica 75mg twice a day for a week and then increasing to 3 times. I did find that when I took my first Lyrica last night I had to take 20mg percocet as the leg pain came back (had been controlled with Neurontin). I do hope I don't have to return to percocet if Lyrica won't work. Perhaps I have to take Lyrica a week to get the leg pain under control.
If Lyrica doesn't work better than Neurontin I will request Topamax (hopefully it on my carrier's formulary). It sounds like I could return to work with Topamax if it would work as well for me as it does for you. Steve
fastcarbon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote