View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Welcome to Neuro Talk. Sorry you are having trouble with neurontin. some people just don't tolerate the medication well at all. I am one of those people who tried three times to take the medication. Foggy all the time. Please ask your doctor about it. Also lifting heavy things is most likely something you don't want to do ever after a spinal fusion. I was told not to lift over 10lbs. I do hope you will ask your doctor some questions. ginnie
ginnie: I appreciate the comments. I am curious as to what med you switched to if any? I see the surgeon about every 4 weeks for a followup and x-ray to see when fusion is pretty complete. The Doc tells me I will have no lifting or activity restrictions and can return to cycling and running (dirt only) after complete fusion but he warned me that I will need a fusion to L2 sometime in the future and if I run, especially on concrete, the need will occur sooner. It sounds like no matter what the additional fusion will be required in less than 10 years. Steve
fastcarbon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote