View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What a coincidence !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie75 View Post
Hi, I've been a Dr. Schwartzman patient since 2008 when I had my first Transverse Myelitis onset. Since then I've gotten MS and CRPS (stage IV) (diagnosed & treated rigorously by Dr. S... until recently as he seems to be heading toward semi-retirement).

I just began seeing Dr. Datta in Hackensack, New Jersey, an amazing, brilliant anesethesiologist and human being, who is working on what seems to be a trial of Naltrexone and Ketamine Troches (lozenges 3x/day). I'll also be getting my IV ketamine boosters with him from now on, and he'll be adding IV lidocaine, as well as increasing the dosage of Ketamine.

I hadn't heard about the Naltrexone for MS, but I'm a lucky multi-neuro-ite if this CRPS treatment will help both.

I'll keep you posted.

But if you want to get in touch, feel free to email me at ** I don't check my email often anymore - low-vision, etc; but if you make the subject clear hopefully I'll get back to you quickly.

Dr. Datta seems very excited about this new treatment regimen and states that he's seen patients (not stage IV,....) have complete remission or reduction of symptoms, though I'm not sure how long it takes. I think I recall him saying about a year, but my memory is unreliable.

Best to all.

Your neuro sister,
Melanie
Hi, my name is Danielle. I haven't formally been diagnosed with CRPS yet but we share a doctor. I have been seeing Dr. Datta for almost 3 years. At my last visit he mentioned he had just started treating people with it. I am so desperate for pain relief. I am going to try the low dose naltrexone ASAP.
yazzgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote