View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown What does my MRI mean?

Hello everyone.. My name is Vannie and I found this site by searching for information on my thoracic mri results. I have been having pain for many years and nothing is working to make it better. I had an mri done and these are the results. Can someone tell me if this is something that should have attention.
The thoracic vertebra are normal height and normally aligned with normal marrow signal intensity, No acute osseous changes seen changes seen in the thoracic vertebra. There is a benign osseous vertebral hemangioma in the L1 vertebral body containing fat. This is less than a centimeter size.
There is a posterior and left posterior disc protrusion at the t-9 t-10 level. This is best visualized on the sagittal images. This impinges on but does not compress or displace the med and left side of the cord.
There is mild posterior disc protrusion at the t-7 t-8 level, narrowing the subarachnoid space but not impinging on or compressing the cord.There is mild posterior disc protrusion at the t-6 t7 level with narrowing of the subarachoid space with no cord involvement.
Thoracic cord appears normal in size, shape and signal intensity. The conus ends at about the t-12 level
Is this serious or should I brush it off *** the doctors have? I don't understand what any of these means but, I do understand the pain I am in. What should I do? Please help me..
Vanniemichelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote