View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by made it up View Post
John,
I'm not in U.S. and we don't have sinemet er so can't comment on it but sinemet cr 200mg I can.
A few yrs back I found it caused more dyskinesias and was told by a new neuro it was probably due to the unpredictable on than what a normal 100mg would give so went back to that.
Soccertese makes a good point about being a suitable candidate for DBS if she finds little relief from Sinemet.
On the other hand if she is getting more symptomatic with less quality of life and can still find good relief (perhaps not as frequently but still good relief) at times through the day she may respond well with DBS.
Recently my neurostimulator batteries (IPG's) went flat and were changed however in the time (which was only days) before new IPG's were replaced I was reminded how grateful and how effective DBS is.
My symptoms without stimulation have advanced considerably and personally I'll be eternally grateful for the function it allows me.
Thank you 2 for your response.

I got the drug name wrong: we are now taking generic Carbidopa-Levodopa Extended Release 50/200 Tablets. I think this is the generic version of Sinemet CR. Today was first day on the new pill - at 7:45 am she took first one (after having taken a regular 25/100 one at about 4am). She then promptly went back to sleep for about 1-1/2 hours, an unusual result from before. She now has taken it twice more, on a 4-1/2 hour time frame, and reports feeling much better, much longer than on the regular 25/100. So we're hopeful we're on the right track.

J
PlayaVago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote