View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckel View Post
My children will help if I need them, but they lead busy lives and I don't like to bother them a lot. So, any insight or advice from the group would really be appreciated. Thanks!
Swallow your pride and ask your children for some help for a bit longer. I know about dogs, cats, and a few other pets, but I don't know anything about keeping PB pigs, so is there someone -- even a rescue -- who can take them for a few weeks?

I also don't know how many children you have other than inferring more than one. A concerted cooperative organized effort by them over a weekend (to stock up on supplies, set you up with homemade "MREs", clean laundry, etc.) and alternating scheduled visits after that (for some light housekeeping, doctor visits, & errands) can be done quite efficiently.

You need to stay active and get stronger, but not overdo, and keep stress to a minimum. Ask for help where & when you need it - DO NOT rush or push yourself too hard.

If you have 211 or a F.I.S.H.* organization where you are, call them for help or info about other services available that you may not be aware of.

*Friends In Service Here

Whatever time period they told you for recovery/rehab, double it and hope for the best. Regular massage can shorten rehab time and improve results.
http://health.usnews.com/usnews/heal...er-surgery.htm
Google: post-surgical massage

Meditation can also help in relieving stress and promoting healing.

Eventually, when you're healed enough & ready, they'll start you on physical therapy.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Beckel (10-11-2012), eva5667faliure (10-16-2012)