View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 02:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Radiation

I had radiation therapy to the nasal cavity. I had a lot of trouble with nosebleeds, eustacian tube issues and inner and middle ear problems as a kid. I think I was around 5, maybe 6 years old. Tonsils were removed or attempted to be removed 4 times.

I understand a lot of pilots, who were flying then, had the same treatment for similar problems. Unfortunately, some people are developing head, neck, thyroid and I think brain cancers later in life. Many probably don't even remember having these as children. I do... While my memory of late is terrible, I remember my mom, being sick, and sending me in a taxi to the doctor's office...

The problem with removal is the nasty connective tissue flareup that will follow. The surgeon is concerned about that.

I can't believe we are going to get more rain. I have been begging my husband to put in a small pond in our back yard, if we don't move. At this rate, our whole yard is going to turn into a pond, or maybe I should say a lake... At least, that would make my adopted resident ducks happy...

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote