Thread: New to this
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to this

Hi I am so frustrated with whats going on with me. It started after I went to dentist for cleaning. The dentist broke a tooth and I had tooth removed due to thoughts of it causing the facial nerve pain. I had no relief after that. I have attacks of excruciating pain on left side including upper lip, front upper teeth, and nose. It hurts to touch upper lip and can not kiss anyone. It is difficult to wash face, eat, drink, or brush teeth. This has been going on for 3 months. I have been to several dentists and my PCP. At my last visit they said it was a sinus infection (after a CT scan) and prescribed antibiotics and amitriptyline for nerve pain. I have no other symptoms of a sinus infection. I am done with antibiotics and it seems my attacks are getting more frequent and pain is tremendous. Others think I am crazy because a majority of the time I am fine. I am having about 20 small attacks like stabbing and electric jolts and usually one big attack like a cramp in that area that brings tears to my eyes. They only last for a few seconds to a minute, but I am so anxious and depressed just waiting for another one to occur. I am 35 years old and have never been though something like this. I have been trying not to tense my mouth and deep breathing when it happens. This seems to help some. I am going back to the doctor soon. A doctor friend thinks I may have TN but thought I was too young to have it. He suggested Topamax. I have been taking lyrica 50 mg 3 times a day right now. I don't think it has helped but only been on for 2 days. I have read alot about TN and it helps to read forums to know that others have this. Just wanted to introduce myself. Im open to any suggestions and learning about medications that has worked for others.
kingb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote