View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 10:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
I'm in the UK also - in the South East. Have you contacted Headway? They have groups, too, I think. I keep forgetting to call them.

Btw, I was told Citalopram can makes people more anxious the first week or so they take it so that might not be best for you at the moment. My dr prescribed me diazepam to help with the anxiety which I take maybe once a week at most. It depends how often you're getting the panic attacks.

Beta blockers can be very good for panic attacks and have few side effects. May be worth asking your doctor about some as-and-when type medicine for the panic.
Thanks for this andromeda,

I have contacted Headway but haven't found them to be useful, mainly becuase I don't know what I am asking them for. How have they helped you?

Thanks re. Citalopram - that's exactly why I didn't take it actually, I was freaked out that it would make me worse before it made me better, and I didn't think I could get much worse at that point. Since then I've manaed to be less anxious, but it mainly happens when I have something I have to do/somewhere to go outside my comfort zone and I fear being ill and stuck somewhere helpless. It is coming back badly this week as I have plans for the weekend and I can't decide whether to go away for it or not.

I have taken some beta blockers and keep them in my bag, they have helped me get on aeroplanes but I really find they only take a small edge off it, not enough - however I don't want to take something like diazepam which can be addictive, so I am sticking with these as my 'go to' if needed.

Have you found any neurologists that are experts in PCS in the UK or are just seeing non-experts?
Uk PCS Accountant is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote