View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 11:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luduplo View Post
hello, I have been involved on this forum for a while now, but never noticed there was a forum for TN. I'm 19 and I believe that I've been suffering from neuralgia since I was 18, although I have never seen a doctor for it.

I have a high pain tolerance so when my attacks are at their worst, I do heat therapy and take paracetamol (which does nothing), usually sob with pain and hope that I will be able to sleep it out. It usually lasts over 5 hours at a time and then leaves a residual pain.

I really wasn't aware that it is actually a condition that people do live with. I honestly just accepted the severity of the pain, even though I have been close to vomiting from it. Over the course of the last year they've been slowly growing less frequent though, down to only once or twice a month. But the pain is truly the worst pain a person could imagine, it's hard to describe.

Sometimes during an attack, I can feel certain nerves in my face pulsating with pain, either the side of my nose or in my gums. The last time this happened would be within the last fortnight. I have just never thought to actually go to a doctor about it. I honestly don't like complaining much about pain, my friends and family don't know I go through this. I usually keep quiet when it happens.

I've dealt with it so long already though and it's becoming less frequent. Maybe the nerve is healing? Could it go away on its own? Can I ask people on this forum if this sounds similar to what you all experience? I seem to have maxillary TN from wisdom teeth removal.

Thanks so much for reading,
Wow, you really need to see a doctor to help you sort this out. I have felt the nerves in my face pulsing with pain, but so far its only when I have a migraine. It seems the migraines aggravate all the nerves in close proximity and I suffer for days and weeks with the after effects. I have both classic and atypical TN and I do experience quite an array of different pains. You've mentioned that you feel throbbing in your gums. Have you seen a dentist to rule out any tooth issues? If not, you might want to see one. Also, start with your GP and see what he suggests regarding other doctors. Neurologists treat TN and can look for other causes of this kind of pain. Keep us posted about what you learn and good luck and low pain wishes for you.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
luduplo (10-11-2012)