View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 11:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worried12378 View Post
my experinece is very similar to yours. "and at weekends I'd have such bad anxiety I would think I was going to launch myself out of my bedroom window against my will" this is EXACTLY what happens to me. during the weekends. dinīt even told it to my doctor because I was too scared that heīd thought that I am going crazy and had me hospitalized. I experience very, very similar symptoms, even in very similar time frame.
Hi worried12378, are you feeling better now? I did tell my doctor, but still don't like telling a lot of people as really don't want anyone to think i'm mad or pass off all my symptoms as being anxiety [which family have all done and continue to do :-( ]

But I did manage to feel better slowly by knowing and being told by my doctor that this is all normal for PCS and that it will pass. Everytime I get really bad, I just say to myself 'it will pass'. Whether it's in 2 hours, 1 day, 1week, it will pass. And I force myself to ring someone or demand someone comes over to my house (learn to put yourself first when you need it and give back when you can!) as talking forces you back into the real world.

People without PCS who have anxiety have out of body experiences and feel they can't control their actions, so it is not that unusual, it's just people don't speak about it. Since my fall I have found that about 1/5th of my friends are on anti-anxiety meds and I didn't know before! I just feel like some of the anxiety really isn't in my control, my brain is doing it without me controlling it. Does anyone else feel like that? I do accept I can control some of it however and do try to remain positive and going to work helps me to be 'normal' even though it is too much for my PCS - I don't know if I could do another 6 weeks off work, it was nearly the end of me, and would have been if I didn't have amazing friends who visited almost daily.

Good luck - it will pass :-)
Uk PCS Accountant is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (10-15-2012)