Thread: Acupuncture
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 02:38 PM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

I would also like to know if anyone with Peripheral Neuropathy has had any success with acupuncture. I was just talking to a fellow whose friend had terrible back pain which was relieved in just a couple of visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ View Post
I have been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy ? I was evaluated by a neurologist who is the head of the Neuropathy Center at the University of Michigan hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

After all of the blood work and two EMG's, the neurologist could not find a cause and, thus, concluded, in an extensive report, that it is genetic or idiopathic.

My symptoms are that my feet get numb when I sit, and more numb when my legs are extended, lying down, and the symptoms get worse at night. The numbness lessens considerably when I stand, but walking has become uncomfortable because my legs feel very heavy, like lifting them with weights attached.

The symptoms started over a year ago with numbness in my right foot, and drop foot syndrome, which was surgically corrected by decompressing a nerve by my knee.

The drop foot was resolved, but the numbness continued and about six months ago spread to my left foot, with the accompanying walking difficulty. My balance has also become unsteady.

I am taking a number of. Drugs, including Simvastatin, which I discontinued for thirty days to see if it relieved my symptoms, but it did not.

At this point, I am desperate and am thinking of trying Acupuncture.

Does anyone have experience with it, good or bad, or does anyone have other suggestions?

Thanks.

Ron
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-15-2012)