View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hello Radard

Welcome to Neuro Talk. Sometimes those that are close to us, have trouble dealing with the spouse or friend that has cronic pain. It seems to happen to alot of people. Mostly I think it is they don't experience this kind of pain, so they can't understand, or may even be fearful of it. It is important for your sanity for your husband to understand. He doesn't sound like a jerk, but rather misguided in his way of dealing with you. Let him come to the doctor with you, and you both can voice your opinion. Even if he goes reluctantly, maybe the doctor too can give him some tips for coping. Pain gets in the way of many things. I think considering all that you said, you are doing the best you can do. Your doctors probably already know this. In the meantime, maybe some quiet talk is important. You don't want to be hurt by what he says. He needs to walk in your shoes for a bit, and understanding will come easily. Sometimes a profession either doctor our council, can give him more coping skills in how he addresses you. Try to be good to each other. Humans need humans, especially during those difficult times. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (10-27-2012)