View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 05:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post
Well a friend of mine who is not a member here was just rx with crps and was told by her doc that he can cure it or at least put it into remission. I am leery on the doc telling her this . so must ask in here where others have it ..
Can a doc cure this or put it into remission? I find this slightly absurd but I do not know about this illness at all so ... what do you all think????????
Thank You so much for any thoughts and input.
leaving low pain wishes to the room here and all the readers.
PEACE
BMW
Hi BMW! There is no cure for RSD/CRPS, and anyone claiming to cure it is dilusional. There is chance of remission though, if she is treated properly and right away. When I was first diagnosed 21 years ago, I was immediately treated aggressively. I was in remission for 13 years...I did have some flares during that time, but I could treat it with medication. It came back and then a few years later, with a new injury, it spread quite a bit. So for me, it came back with a vengeance. It started in my face and now it is in both hands, left arm, left leg and right foot. I was not diagnosed properly with the new injury, so it was too late for treatments to be effective.
I hope for the best for your friend.
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (10-11-2012), Rrae (10-11-2012)