View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

One thing my Neurosurgeon told me was that after surgery I was NEVER to vacuum the rug AGAIN! He said the pushing & pulling of the vacuum was an absolute NO-NO for a spinal patient. He also said that raking the lawn was forbidden too. Both those jobs aren't my favorite things to do so I delegated them to my kids -- and thank goodness my grown daughter has moved back home! LOL So I do NOT Vacuum anymore, and I have a lawn guy who rakes the lawn. lol

My Neuro also sent me to "back school" to teach me how to do things properly, like how to properly bend, how to properly lift if necessary, NEVER twist; how to carry large objects so it doesn't hurt your back, etc.

And I've been a widow for over 11 years, so the sex isn't in the picture. lol

I don't know about that plate. I would certainly be suspicious of it, since you were ok with it straight and now you're hurting with it crooked. But I'm no doctor either so I wish I knew what to tell you. Perhaps you could get a 2nd opinion? I wish you the very best. God bless and please take care -- and let us know what happens ok??? Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Beckel (10-13-2012), eva5667faliure (10-16-2012)