View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, let me see. You lie on your side in the fetal position. They numb the skin with some numbing solution but that's just the SKIN that they're numbing. Then they take this large needle and go ahead and iinsert it -- I can't say it's painful -- it's the horrible PRESSURE that is so uncomfortable !!! It really feels awful.

You are to keep your head DOWN when they're done. They will wheel you back to a room to keep an eye on you. You're supposd to keep your head down for 8 hours. They might send you home before the 8 hrs are over, but you've GOT to lay down in the care on the way home. DON'T SIT UP or you will get the headache from hell. This is WORSE than a migraine and it will make a grown man SCREAM IN PAIN!! If it gets too bad, you'll need what's called a "blood patch." They might not want to do one, but don't let them screw around with you -- if the headach is really bad DEMAND A BLOOD PATCH OR YOU'LL SUE THEM!!!

That's about it. The worst thing about it is the possible headche. And the stupid nurses usually cause them by proping you up or cranking your bed up!! Don't let them do that!!! Take care and I hope it goes well. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote