View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 07:25 PM

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Hello, jinga,
Sorry, I obviously 'missed' your post/thread-started back in Spring this year, re: Aricept. But then, I've only newly this Autumn been Rx'd/on the Aricept, so I wouldn't have had any 'actual experience' with it, (to have replied back in the Springtime of this year).

I'm into month#2 w/ the Aricept (genreric=donzepil) , added to Cymbalta (anitdepressant) ; dr. thus took me off Wellbutrin ER (generic, bupriprion sr (sp?) = the generic extended-release version of Wellbutrin, which is primarily 'dominergic' in its action.

I'm on 5mg Aricept (donzepil) 1 x daily in the a.m. x 2 months now.

I also had the very vivid, lucid dreams for a few nights, which for me was a very good thing. (=good REM sleep). I haven't had that since the first few weeks however.

Yesterday I saw my Rx'ing dr. and he said, "As long as you continue doing well, I won't need to see you for 3 months. Call me if you need anything." (I've been seeing the new dr. monthly for 6 months now.)
Yay!

Have you any understanding as to why your dr. is in fact choosing to ween you off the Aricept? Perhaps because you had no "positive change" to report from being on it for a couple months perhaps? Which is certainly understandable, if it didn't seem to be alleviating any of your distress, i.e. cognitive dysfunctions.

Keep us posted, jinga! Thanks for reporting in here with your experience, again!
As I said, I obviously missed your post, or had nothing in the way of experience w/ Aricept (donzepil) to relate or to reply earlier this year.

Best to you & your recovery,
Theta

50s Babyboomer; 2008 high-impact rear-ended/totalled-MVC, closed-head injury->pcs ... "Still dealing with it."
1993, Fell on black ice; first closed-head injury; life-altering. // 2014 Now dealing with Peripheral Neuropathy, tremors, shakiness, vestibular disorder, akithesia, anhedonia, yada yada, likely thanks to rx meds // 2014: uprooted to the cold wet gray NW coast, trying to find a way back home ... where it's blue sky and warm!

__________________________________________________ _________
Each and every day I am better and better. I affirm and give thanks that it is so. // 2014-This was still true for me last year, I truly felt this a year ago. Unfortunately it holds no meaning for me now. Odd, it was the Theta mantra for years. Change change change.
Theta Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote