View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:03 AM

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacheysncream View Post
Why I am exhausted all the time? If I push myself I get chronic head pain, terrible joint pain particularly in my knees.

I have always understood my body and been able to work things out logically. I am eating a high protein diet, doing regular light exercise, resting well.

Could it just be that looking after my daughter all the time is too much for me, even though I think Im coping my body is not??

What do you think?
Dear peacheysncream,

Unfortunately the "Why I am exhausted all the time? " question is one of the primary 'wonderings' that our minds struggle with, not only in the early-stages of tbi-pcs, but as well for some years down the road, as do some of us on here.

The 'exhausted all the time' is just simply so part-and-parcel to the package of brain injury. It's very, very 'hard work' to heal a recovering brain, and "what we do"/don't do/how we do-&-don't do, all affects very much the healing-or-not-healing of our brain. Each and every head injured person will vary. As I'm sure others have said on here, there are no hard and fast timelines. Certainly there are excellent guidelines, and you're learning them here on NT, the best forum to ask and learn, to get the supportiveness so vital to healing.

I'm sure that you are indeed "a model mom" to your dear young daughter, though your experience of yourself is one of overwelmingly feeling so much "less than your former self", as a mother, as a person.

Yes, I'm certain that "just looking after" your daughter, taking good care of her, and yourself as well (kudos on that) ... is truly exhausting, feels like "too much" after you've "spent your quotient" before fatiguing your brain. There's lots to keep-up-with a little person!
I so admire those of you such as yourself, and Nick, andi, others with children and Mark @ his church --- the quality of time, care, attention, energy that it requires.
(Just volunteering 3 morns a week @ our local Cat Care Coalition, taking care of 3-4 cats and/or kittens, was like a "major brain strain" for me for months & months after-injury! LOL!

Everything now takes more time, more effort, more energy expenditure, everything takes longer. We're just simply not as 'efficient' any longer. I know how awful it is. We all do on here.
And, it will get better.We just cannot say 'when'.
It will.

Try to be as patient, kind, compassionate, generous, and as understanding of your own head/healing, as you are with your own beloved daughter. (That's can be a tough one; I'm still "at beginner's mind" in learning that one for myself.) However your being a young mom who is also highly-intelligent, lovingly concerned and very aware, very mindful is all greatly to your benefit.

And keep posting on here, asking for support, for encouragement, educating yourself all along the way. You've learned so much already since your first post!

With love and appreciation, for all you do,
Theta

50s Babyboomer; 2008 high-impact rear-ended/totalled-MVC, closed-head injury->pcs ... "Still dealing with it."
1993, Fell on black ice; first closed-head injury; life-altering. // 2014 Now dealing with Peripheral Neuropathy, tremors, shakiness, vestibular disorder, akithesia, anhedonia, yada yada, likely thanks to rx meds // 2014: uprooted to the cold wet gray NW coast, trying to find a way back home ... where it's blue sky and warm!

__________________________________________________ _________
Each and every day I am better and better. I affirm and give thanks that it is so. // 2014-This was still true for me last year, I truly felt this a year ago. Unfortunately it holds no meaning for me now. Odd, it was the Theta mantra for years. Change change change.

Last edited by Theta Z; 10-13-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Theta Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
peacheysncream (10-13-2012)