View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Deb, I am THERE too?

Don't know about you, but rite now I feel as if I'm on one SURREAL Human Hampster type-wheel going round and round and ......

I would see an Endo if you can find one? Mine was on the About.com lists but had taken his name off. But all my docs [the herd of them I'm trying to herd, remember?] recommended this practice soo - I went...
Severe Vit-D deficiency [even tho..heaps of pills..] and Anti TOP and TG #'s in the middle hundreds. [I've read of others with Anti #'s in the Thousands!]He'd stated 'most-likely' Hashi's on the first visit after doing a sono, and it's now Definitely. Whoo-hee! Get to add one MORE to the list!

My issue to begin with was Calcium depletion going from osteopenia to porosis noticably in the past year. I had thought it was the AI[aramotase inhibitor] for the post cancer follow up, combined with the Anti-seizure meds. Both of which are notorious for depletion on their own. I think the addition of the AI added in the last year pushed things over the 'edge' -wherever That is.

End of it all, is to stay on the Synthroid dose I''ve been on now for 3 years. I'm to stay on the Fosamax+D and am adding the following [per Endo]: 1000 units of Vit-D, and 500 mg of 'elemental calcium' 2X's a day. I've now got 3 different containers of Calcium Citrate each w/different dosages and include D and/or Magnesium...

Ok isn't 'Elemental Calcium' an oxymoron? Is there a synthetic Calcium out there?

OK Deb, You DO have a confirmed diagnosis for another auto-i condition YES? If so, See the Endo and get confirmation that you've got another one! All they do is tinker with your TSH levels & supplements till they're happy, and it sure doesn't hurt to be sure it's just the thyroid and nothing else! I have to say this was one doc who didn't think all the other auto-i stuff was imaginary. That made it really PLEASANT! You all know what I mean.

Mrs D? How much of what kinds of Selenium and Zinc? My eyes are crossed trying to find good calcium types with D and no B-6 thown in.

Don't know about you but it's like being on two teeter-totters at once! Hang in there! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote