View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Hi, and I hope that your friend can find some help. There are other options besides AA. AA does have a good reputation however, and she just might decide she likes it. Most communities have 'resource centers. This center may find some counceling for her to receive some private help. Ususally the payments work on a sliding scale, according to your income.
I have turned to this center myself a number of times, and found the direction I needed. Also the local hosptial in your area, may have an out patient program. I do wish your friend all the best. Ginnie
Hi Ginnie and Steve:

Unfortunately she has not sought help and continues to drink. It is what it is. I know I can't help her so when she is like that, I simply say I have to go and will speak to her at another time.

We all have our crosses, issues, whatever. Some find solace in the church, some find solace in eating, some find solace in drinking. I find solace in sprouting. This is helped me lose weight, control my diabetes, feed us and I also help others. And I received a nice compliment from our physician yesterday. I had taken my husband who was just diagnosed with diabetes on September 1st. His sugar on that day was 350. On that day I looked at him and said "you belong to me now". He laughed and said "okay". Now it's down to 100 or below. The doctor could not believe it. And I give him a bag of my sprouts also when we go there. And my husband is not on any medication and he lost 8 lbs in the past two weeks alone.

So little by little, I believe all we can do is try to help ourselves and if others seek our help, then of course we have to do what we can. But if one is determined to destroy themselves, well then, we have to do our best not to join them. It's not easy.

And I hope Steve that your Parkinson is not giving you too hard a time today.

Take care and thanks to both of you for responding.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (10-13-2012)