View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 02:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default head/mind/body

I am a 51 yr old male. On May 7,2012 I was in a car accident. A car hit me head on going 65 mph. My truck did multiple flips landing on the roof. I lost consciousness and was helicoptered out to shock trauma. I spent 3 weeks in hospital. broken heal, ribs, nose, a few teeth, tore my groin muscle in half, body was one big hematoma. Well it is now October 14 almost 6 mths later and my days consist of dr. appts 3 - 4 days a week. physical therapy ( still not walking) and counseling. I finally went to a psychotherapist a few wks ago per my nueroligists suggestion. Brain foggy all the time ( like the morning after you take niquil), concentration & memory problems, I cannot sleep (it is 3:34 am right now), moody, cry for no reason at all (emotions are a wreck), and have only driven 1 time since accident and that was a mess. My teeth actually ache. I feel like nobody in my family understands (truely understands my feelings and what i am going through). I have done everything expected of me in physical therapy and still cannot walk. She says it is the screws in my foot that may need to come out. Just need people to talk too that have been or are currently going through some of this. Some days I feel so over whelmed ( bills just keep coming in, dr. appts, lawyer, therapists and oh my insurance company).
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR READING THIS... any responses would be greatly appreciated
rolltide1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (10-14-2012)