View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just need support

Hi all,

I am only 3 weeks out from suffering a concussion but didn't have anywhere else to turn.

Background: History of Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Depression. Sustained a concussion 2 weeks ago Sunday. Suspect that i have had prior concussions but never treated before. Experiencing horrible anxiety which triggers symptoms- nausea, horrid headaches dizziness, blurred vision, "fuzzy" thinking, forgetfulness, twitches etc.

I am having trouble staying calm and letting myself rest. The 80 bigillion things that are piling up are stressing me out to no end, and I am off of work with no pay....pre-concussion: I worked 4 days a week. Job as case manager is very stressful- haven't returned yet- going to do so gradually. 25% at a time. I intern 1 day a week (and fit in tasks in between) and am a part time graduate student (8-9 credits per quarter) , attend classes for 16 hrs one x per month.

My symptoms are most definitely improving over time when I let them. Is it feasible that I am going to be able to return to my non-stop life anytime soon? Any advice to allow myself to breathe and rest...I know things happen for a reason and what will be will be. Any one else experienced similar circumstances?

Thanks for any feedback.
carebear925 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (10-14-2012)