View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacrusis View Post

Does yours go hand in hand with flare ups? Do you see an improvement with any medication?
Absolutely, my cognitive difficulties completely coincide with my physical weakness. I used to teach music to 800 school kids, and made it a special point to know and use their names so they would know I cared about each and every one of them.

On a good day, I could teach 5 sections of folk dancing without any problems, and could also come up with any kid's name in 2 seconds. On a bad day, I would get severely winded just walking down the hall to the office, and when the kids raised their hands, I couldn't call on them by name. "Ok, um, um, um, (point) YOU-" On those bad days, I also struggled just to teach the classes. If you could call it teaching at all. It was horrible.

For me, it's not a matter of winding down at the end of a sentence; it's specifically names of things that I can't recall. Pronouns, verbs, prepositions, etc. all come flying out of my brain/mouth, but the nouns are just absent. In your example of telling your son to go to the car, I would have had the EXACT same problem, but not because the word "car" was at the end of the sentence. The difficult words do often fall at the end of the sentences, though.

I have not found a medication yet that helps. For comparison sake, I will reiterate that I do not have an MG diagnosis. I have never tested positive for any antibodies, have had no abnormal EMG results, and Mestinon didn't work for me. I do have intermittent ptosis, fatigueable weakness, and a positive ice pack test, but please don't use my experience as a basis to conclude that MG does this.
Geode is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote