View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 04:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default In behalf of my husband...

I am writing in behalf of my husband. For almost a couple of months now, he has been experiencing numbness, tingling and burning of his left leg. Sometimes, his right hand will also feel the same sensations but mostly his left leg.

Our PCP recommended a cat scan of his back. The readings are as follows:

L2-L3 : There is diffuse bulging of the annulus measuring 2mm. This produces flattening of the thecal sac anteriorly and mild encroachment upon the origins of the neural foramina bilaterally. However, no focal nerve root encroachment is seen. There is no evidence for a focal disc protrusion/herniation.

L3 – L4 : There is also mild diffuse bulging of the annulus measuring 2mm. This produces flattening of the thecal sac anteriorly and mild encroachment upon the origins of the neural foramina, right greater than left. Again, no focal nerve root encroachment is seen. There is no evidence for a focal disc protrusion/herniation.

L4-L5 : There is also mild diffuse bulging of the annulus measuring 2mm. This produces flattening of the thecal sac anteriorly and mild encroachment upon the origins of the neural foramina bilaterally. Again, no focal nerve root encroachment is seen. There is no evidence for a focal disc protrusion/herniation. There is a mild hypertrophic facet joint disease seen bilaterally.

L5-S1 : There is central bulging of the annulus present at this level measuring 2mm. However, no focal disc protrusion/herniation. Due to the increased amount of epidural fat anterior to the thecal sac at this level, no encroachment upon the thecal sac or nerve roots is seen.There is a mild hypertrophic facet joint disease seen bilaterally.

Thank God, there is no herniation. The PCP sounded that this can be corrected by physical therapy sessions. He will be on his 3rd session this week. He is taking 200mg 3-4x a day. I put him VitB12 too. Its unfortunate this happens when we are in the thick of moving to our new place. His back is really bothering him too. He does almost everything because I could not help much.

I will appreciate anything that you can share.
Thank you.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-14-2012)