Thread: Mitochondria:
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile A Thread of Hope

Thanks so very much to everyone contributing to this amazing thread!

Some of this was review for me, yet much needed review.
Some of this information is also new and warrants consideration on my part.

I am preparing to go on a brief trip with my spouse. I have not known how I would find the energy to do so. I barely have the energy to get up and walk through my home, etc. I have not known how I would even get the packing for the trip completed. This isn't depression. I wish is was, it would feel more hopeful to me, in some way.

The pain, the flexor and extensor spasticity, the SFN, the inflammatory processes of CNS and PNS, the exhaustion, the .... you name it. (I am told I have overlapping conditions that are autoimmune, inflammatory, including in my CNS and PNS. I am almost 30 years into this now and am truly dragging. I am often needing a crutch or crutches. Yet, I am also sure that many meds prescribed over the years took an additional toll and have added to mitochondrial damage.)

My doctor had just prescribed methylphenidate, yet again, hoping it would help me to get through this trip and would also help me to get some additional medical testing done upon my return; yet, it really doesn't help me. It's never helped me. I keep telling him this, yet he is at a loss of how to truly help. I, too, often reach that point of feeling at a loss, so I tried the methylphenidate once again. No help. Glad I had him only prescribe a few tabs, as they are useless to me.

I really need to work on the mitochondrial energy and intensively so.

I had lost most of my research info on mitochondrial supplementation (also lost all of my supplements) when we'd lost our home in a huge flood approx two years ago. Life became so stressful since, I have not had the extra time and/or energy to look it all up again.

I feel a bit more hopeful about the potential of feeling better, of having some energy, of having a bit more control over my daily life while reading this thread and all of the links, etc.

I had re-started some major supplements today and will adjust and/or add when I return from a trip in 10 days or so. I have done a lot of supplementation for many years. (Had started ubiquinone 25 years ago. Most doctors would not believe me when I'd told them that, at that time in my life, CoQ10 was more helpful to me than anything they had ever prescribed, even though I was seeing Harvard researchers then. They now know better. I had gradually added supplements and was constantly changing my daily regimen whenever new info came out. I had done this so intensely, for so long, I had kind of burnt out on supplementation it for awhile. It can happen.)

Today, re-started ubiquinol, acetyl-l-carnitine, D-Ribose, N-A-C, DMG and ionic magnesium citrate, methyl B-12. Also added back in fish oils. I have always found DMG very helpful in the heat and also on long flights (jet lag), etc. I need the ionic magnesium right now due to the severity of spams. (I am trying to avoid restarting zanaflex and some other meds. I am chronically on MS Contin for pain and dilaudid for breakthrough pain.)

This updated info is very helpful! Even a thread of hope is important to me right now. I cannot thank each of you enough for the work you have done to put all of this together in a thread! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

If I fail to respond here for 10-12 days, its only because I am away on a trip.

As always, my eternal gratitude to you, MrsD, for all you do to assist others with healing and with helping people to reach their potentials for a high quality of life.

Thanks again, to each and every participant here, as well.

WIth Sincere Gratitude,
DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (10-15-2012)