View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 09:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Cedar - I think each hospital or doctor involved has a very different way of administering a neuropsych test.
I was given the test twice, once before surgery and again, 6 months after surgery.

1) what is involved with doing neuropsych testing?
Like the others said, the test involved math, reading, short term memory, puzzles, almost fun things.

2)How long does it take? Both of mine took about 4 1/2 hours each. An email friend of mine also took one given by a hospital and hers took 8 hours with two hours of home work.

3) would that be the testing to help me? I am confident that my testing gave my epi and my surgeon a great deal of help by telling them what my brain was doing. I do not see how the test helped me.

4) Would my Epileptologist be the one to recommend it? I do not know the answer to that

5) Does anyone know if it is covered by insurance and if not how much it cost? Our common HMO paid for 100% for both of mine and the charge was $1,400 each.

Lastly, do those in my age bracket who have had it , feel it would help or not?
I'm almost 20 years older than you and my surgeon insisted it was necessary and now he's saying I need it again. I trust him completely.

This url "might" offer some information. http://www.brainsource.com/npassmnt.htm

I wish you the very best.
peppermint1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote