Thread: Possible MG?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I went back to my doctor and my MRI was clear. Good news but I am at the point of just wanting any test to show something so I could possibly get treated. Not a good way to think.

He claimed my thyroid ultrasound was clear but I read the copy after leaving and it said I have small nodes measuring 5 & 3 mm and recommends a follow-up ultrasound in six months. It sounds not serious but I will still ask him why he said it was clear.

alice md, I got a copy of my lung test and was wondering if you could tell me if the test for MG was done as I don't understand it. It says:

Methacholine inhalation challenge is negative suggesting an absence of bronchial hyperactivity.
Static lung volumes, spirometry and gas transfer are within normal range. Examination of inspiratory/expiratory flow volume curve is normal.

I asked him to send me to a pulmonologist as I'm still concerned about my breathing but he refused saying it was not needed. I told him my throat/neck pain has been very bad for several weeks to the point of keeping me from sleep and he prescribed me nitro spray to relax it. If I start to choke or it feels like it is closing up I am supposed to use it. The pharmacist said it was for angina and not for the throat closing/choking.

I was going to his nurse prac. because she will send me for testing or referrals but I think he figured me out because I phoned for an appt. then got a call back saying my case is too complex and she will no longer see me. I don't think that came from her because she has never indicated any problems to me.

I don't think I can continue to see him, he insists there is nothing wrong with me and I really believe the stress of appts. is making me worse. I am such a mess when I leave his office because he gets me so upset and leaves me feeling no hope and he just walks away. If I fire him/quit I may have no options either because doctors aren't taking patients here right now saying there is a shortage. I don't know what to do anymore
~jules~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote