Thread: Your advice
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 04:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you very much for all of you who have taken the time to respond to my post with great advice. I really appreciate.
I live in Luxembourg, Europe, and unfortunately there are no brain injury support groups here.
At the physical rehabilitation centre I went to, I was indeed followed by a physiatrist, the problem is he just focussed on the cervical spine and seemed to forget that I actually hit the occipital area of my head. I might try to look for another one.
As for having stress-free, quiet time, I must underline that after my accident I had to use for several months all my energy to justify my symptoms and protect myself from the harassment by the staff doctor who claimed that my problems were simply psychological.
I started having quiet time after I was put on disability, one year ago. I need a lot of quiet time by myself because even following a conversation or talking on the phone tires me out.
Thank you so much for the advice concerning the medical assessment and for the links kindly provided.
Yes, if I start crying I'll go ahead, the fact is there is nothing that hurts me more than being accused of malingering or when doctors tell me my symptoms are not real. When this happens I can't stop crying, more precisely sobbing....
I have been reading several posts and articles on this site as well as the TBI guide: I have taken notes of the most important, relevant information and will take them with me at the assessment
I'm nonethelss stressed about it; moreover I have to travel to another town for the assessment, stay at a hotel for one night and I am ovewhelmed by all the planning/organization...I'm always in a mess when I need to organize, plan anything.... I'm afraid this might be a sign of a frontal lobe injury as I read in the Tbi guide even though I actually hit the back of my head

Looking for support, I saw a psychologist at the beginning of this year, he's experienced in EMDR. He tried this technique on me but the eye movements simply increased my dizziness, so I stopped seeing him. Later I went for a few sessions to a psychologist who does Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, but I doubt she really understands my problems, she keeps telling me I look fine....and I answer that even if I do, I don't feel fine..Should I maybe look for a neuropsychologist? Or somebody experienced in dealing with trauma?
Thank you for your support and wishing you a good day
Bluedaffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (10-18-2012)