View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 09:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
I am Canadian and my surgery is covered by our Ohip but Physica Therapy is not.
My first appointment after my Sept.29 surgery is 8 weeks.They will call me for that.My release notes only stated regular activity,no no heavy lifting,that was all.That's hy I am asking for assisstance on when someone with my type of surgery,started PT? Thats all,I will be looking on Google for what t start with.I have a tense machine and all I need at home to do it mysef,I cannot afford PT,so I am the next best thing..lol. Years of going to PT with my coverage at the time I have learned to get my own equipment and Google. Thank you!!

Hello Checker, I am also from Ont. Canada, I had a 3 level ACDF in 2009, and once my neuro advised me that I could remove my collar was when my family dr okay PT, it would be good if you could afford to go once or twice just to make sure you are doing the exercises correctly. I was told thur my PT not to use the tens machine directly on the area of where the plate is situated, above/below or around the area only, something about the electros and the titanium does'nt mix.
Take care with your healing progress, your body needs it.
Good luck,
Bunz
---------------------------------------------------

bunz50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote