View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

i went a saw a bone and joint doctor because my shoulder hurt all the time and i couldnt sleep and i thought it might be a complication from being thrown out of my car. he did an xray and told me that i had partially torn my labrum and sent me to therapy,which helped for a while til the pain came back so i went back to see him again and he said he was very sorry about the misdiagnosis and and that he believed i had TOS. he sent me to have a doppler done(they put 3 blood pressure cuffs on your arm and measure the blood flow for this type of doppler) and the results came back and said i have a pinched blood vessel in my arm. my doctor recommended i try to deal with it because i am so young( in only 22) but that if it got worse to go see a vascular doctor a have an angiogram done to see if surgery is even worth it...i have read alot of people saying that the surgery was a huge mistake because it only made it worse in the end.
all i am saying is that maybe seeing a doctor for an angiogram might give you answers... if though you might not like them!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbate View Post
YES, I did have PT for 3 mths prior to last fusion. PT was hands on type...massages, manever's to get my posture corrected...they felt I wasn't using all my ribs to breath, and my sternum wasn't seated correctly somehow. They had staff assist to get my shoulder forced correctly in proper position and then it was taped to force proper position. NO Ultrasound equipment was usted but I did try using Tens unit's including the RS-4i Sequential Stimulator which has 8 leads with a vest. Would you explain more about low level laster? HOW CAN I find out if I have TOS? i live in close to New Orleans but I traveled to St. Louis, MO...WHAT CAN DO NEXT???

[/U] for neck surg & they plan a back surg in St. Louis, MO first week of Nov.[/I][/I][/U] [/U][/U][/U][/U]I was taping my shoulder position.[/I]
sarahrupp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote