View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think we all have a limited ability to control our environment.
If we don't want to go into a bubble we have to accept the fact that we can't control what we are exposed to.
I try to do my best where I can. some people are very understanding and some less. My husband would joke about it at first (saying that I have to work as a police dog) but now takes it much more seriously. (he is a scientist and he had to get proofs for that).
But, I realize that just like I can't control this illness, I can't control the entire world.
I think my increased awareness to the role of nutrition and environmental exposure is of benefit to my patients.
I am not an environmental activist (there is a limit to what I can do with my limited time and energy) but am very supportive of those who are.
I admit that in the past, I didn't understand the importance of this, and therefore I can understand why people don't. You just can't be aware and involved in everything.
I know I have exposed my sons to a lot of "junk food" without realizing it. I would fall for labels saying "no preservatives" without realizing that those foods contain other additives. I try to educate those around me as much as I can. I loved cleaning detergents and had one for each task. Again, I was fooled by the labels and pretty pictures.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (10-15-2012), southblues (10-15-2012)