View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
I don't see any doctor either unless it is necessary. I am perfectly healthy except for CMT and it is doing a number on me now. I just deal with the symptoms. Saw a podiatrist a year and a half ago in order to get a prescription for AFO's. Had to have the prescription or Medicare wouldn't pay for them. Then to the orthotist who knew what I needed to try anyway but you have to have that prescription. I knew perfectly well that it was time to get AFO's without "anyone" telling me that.

We started with the least supportive as you lose good muscle when wearing AFO's. The ones I have give me ankle movement and they fit right into my shoes that I've been wearing for years. I still use a cane, no surprise, and an arm as well. Around the house I am fine without the cane or anything else. At some point I suppose I will need casted AFO's and then the wide shoes and all the fun that goes with them as the AfO's have to fit perfectly for someone with CMT.
Thanks for this! I have been wondering who prescribes the AFO's as that scraping, dragging sound when I walk is getting worse! (as is the pain and weakness. I just don't have the lift muscles in my thighs like I used to)
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-15-2012), Kitt (10-15-2012)