View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Thyroid and Hormonal issues

Hi all,

I have been dx'd with hashimotos in addition to my TOS and sympathetic pain.

Was on synthroid for a while and then my thyroid normalized and I came off. Well it was invetitable that I would go back on and I did like a month ago. It was great the first couple weeks but know I have having some strange reactions to the meds or something.

About a 1/2 hour after I take the synthoid I get a diffused skin burning and prickly feeling.

Also since I started the meds, I now get my period wvery 2 weeks (which happened the last time I was on synthoid)

So the doc may change the meds I am on to another brand and wants to test my sex hormones.

Have to go see the gyn too incase something else is wrong which is freaking me out based on some internet reading.

I was doing a little more reading today on the thryoid stuff and wondering if perhaps I have an adrenal insufficiency that could be throwing things off with all the hormones as well as the thryoid meds.

One question I have is has anyone done a consult (phone or in person) with a Dr. Lowe. And has anyone seen Dr, Ridha Arem in Houston?

Thanks for any insight.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote