View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 09:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So, how are you doing (insert biotching here)? And tell me, what are you doing or trying to do, to make your life happier?

Hey Sally,

Right there with you on the frustration end of things; but keep going and doing we must...if only to maintain our sense of humanity toward ourselves and others. That does bring some happiness to me, but then again I still have a lot more function, independence and mobility than some others do.

Evenso, everyday it seems as if there is something else to contend with along with the usual challenges of pain, spasticity, cramps, numbness, vision loss etc. For heavens sake, it takes me 3-4 hours every morning just to get the body to the point where it is functional enough to leave the house or to do something meaningful.

How am I doing?
For the last few weeks I've been slowly bringing in the garden harvest and also working at my job part time. The body has not been very cooperative on most days but on others it is OK...just OK.
Most recently I've been experiencing a lot of numbness, and tingling in both hands and in the lower arms. The motor component is also caput when the numbness is in full swing and so gripping or using the fingers doesn't go very well.
This arrived on the heels of a bout of optic neuritis that was finally lifting a bit after over three weeks; so one or the other kept me from doing many things for the last six weeks or so. My dad came to help bring in the garden a couple of weekends ago and I was very grateful for the help because some of that work was impossible for me to do.

In answer to the question what am I doing to make my life happier, I would have to say that it is choosing to hold the most positive perception/attitude as possible. It seems to take just as much, if not more effort to hold a negative one, so I just choose to go with the positive one. 'De-nial' is more than a river in Africa .
I also meditate/contemplate a great deal so the worse things are, the more time I spend in meditation and/or doing yoga...at least as long as cognition is working and it has been since going on LDN . I do enjoy meditation/contemplation as well as yoga and so that makes me happy too.

Well, it has taken over an hour to type this up (hands are acting up), but I wanted to give you a BIG cyber hug, ((((Sally)))) .
You hang in there OK? You have been a supportive strength as well as the voice of wisdom for me since I came onto this site a few months back; and I am sure that you are that for many others as well.

BTW, where is Dejibo? I've been checking in on NT to read posts from time to time (sorry but typing to post myself has been tough and painfully slow lately), but I haven't seen any from her in quite a while. Sure hope that everything is OK with her.

With love, Erika

Last edited by Erika; 10-15-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: type o
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (10-17-2012), Mariel (11-03-2012), NurseNancy (10-27-2012)