View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Putting cognitive function in perspective.

I think I can summarize my own experiences roughly like this:

• Cognitive dysfunction during chronic fatigue – 100% over a 2 year period

• Cognitive dysfunction during hypoglycemia - under 10% over a 2 year period

• Cognitive dysfunction during myasthenic muscle weakness – under 5% over the last 4 year period

Am grateful for all the interesting comments including those coming from a medication perspective as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice md View Post
I forgive him for deciding at some point that there is nothing more he can do for me and letting me deal on my own with severe respiratory difficulties while telling my pulmonologists (who fortunately seriously questioned it) that there is nothing physically wrong with me.
Alice

Thank you for sharing this – it is also very inspiring for people to read this who want to let go and move forwards – there´s already more than enough to be getting along with when you first have a disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southblues View Post
Too cool! So did you have fun?
Celeste

The horseriding was a surprisingly fabulous experience on many different levels!

I had to allow my gut to take over when the brain no longer knew what the heck to do with a horse that was starting to slide down a steep muddy embankment. It´s the first time I´ve ridden a horse and also the first time I´ve ever had to put my trust in an animal.
I had to stop riding earlier than the rest of the group but I now have a little dream that for one single day......
I´ll find a wide open space somewhere in America and then just....ride like the wind

Last edited by Anacrusis; 10-16-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: the usual!
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote