View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ACDF Surgery C5-7

Hi, I am also new to the forum...but I had ACDF surgery in the summer of 2011 levels C5-7. As of today, I feel a lot better than I did before the surgery. I had a permanent headache for a year w/ migraines that were so debilitating. I only get the migraines once in a while now, caused by over doing it. I have really severe shoulder spams which lead up into my neck causing the migraines. I'm not going to lie, that you need to have a high tolerance for pain for a few days. It's uncomfortable and very difficult to sleep especially laying down. I slept in a recliner for a month or so, just easier. But I promise it does get better as you heal. I went back to my full time job about 8 weeks after the surgery and also have a husband and son and they help out a great deal w/ lifting things etc. You need the support.
Now, I've been diagnosed w/ Spondylothesis and will require future surgery again, very painful, I think this is worse than my neck. Only 42 yrs old and all these problems. But I wish you luck and will try to answer any of your questions if you come back again.
Best Wishes and speedy recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorewis View Post
Hello, I am new to the forum. Hoping I can get some answers and fears put aside.
I will be going in for a level 2 discectomy and fusion on Oct. 19th. The pain I have been experiencing for the last 2 months has been excruciating. Finally had an MRI done and talked to a Neurosurgeon this week. Need surgery due to spinal cord being compromised. He said he would do a discectomy on c3,c4,c5,c6 and by next year I will need c2,c3 done as well. I asked why not do it now while he is in there, his response was my muscle spasm are so bad, that my neck would not handle a 3 level at this time. I am wondering what to expect during and after the surgery? I know everyone is different, but to know some experiences might help me feel less freaked out. Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Chrissyanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote