View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:16 PM
anon21816

anon21816

Smile Welcome Cpryer :)

Hi Cpryer and welcome to this great forum. You wont be disappointed with all the info you will get from everyone here.

I have failed back syndrome and have been suffering for nearly 8 years with chronic lower back pain and legs. I too have had spinal fusions but had to have the hardware taken out as the pain of it was unreal. But 2 years ago since August I got the SCS implanted and it has made a tremendous amount of difference to me on a daily basis. It gives me about 40% relief and I use some meds and patches too. But I wouldnt be without it. Even mentally it has taken me to a whole new level. Whereas before I was so down in the dumps and my life was just so humdrum, now I am more outgoing and more upbeat. The SCS masks alot of that pain which was dragging me down and has given me a new lease of life.

As regards how long to recoup, well thats a matter for each individual. But I will say that when I had my operation I was told that I was to give it at least 6 weeks!!! before I could start back to 'normal' living again. Things like carrying heavy weights, bending, lifting, driving all the things that would put any amount of pressure on your implant is out of the question. To me 2 weeks doesnt sound a lot of time, but again each of us are different. Im sure you remember the surgery you had with the fusions, ( how could you forget) horrendous is all I can say, well the implant isnt as bad as that but you MUST be careful not to do any damage to the paddle/leads so that they dont migrate.........Only you know how you will feel after the surgery, but I would say that maybe give yourself a little more time than 2 weeks to recover.

I wish you the very best of luck for tomorrow and please come back when you feel up to it and let us all know how you got on. If you have any further questions dont hesitate to ask.......you will be overwhelmed with all the advice you will receive. Everyone here is just amazing.....

Take care and good luck tomorrow

Jackie
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (10-16-2012), Rrae (10-17-2012), spine95 (10-16-2012)