View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 02:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My SED is ALWAYS low. How are you now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubeee View Post
thanks for replying. For lupus I take plaquenil and meloxicam as needed. I take high doses of prednisone (60mg) during flares.

I had a tia this past weekend. I'm waiting for new labs to come in. Last time my antiphospholds (sp) were checked, they were fine.

I found some info that says that high wbc's can interfere with sed rate labs. I'm being referred to a hematologist. I'm hoping that will help. I also see a new rheumie in August.

I hate having to work so hard at my healthcare. The tia was scary and seems surreal now...thurs eve had a backof head pulsating headache that was the worst ever, in fetal position for 3 hrs then Sat eve my nose turned red and the left side of my face went numb. (not this weekend, last weekend, sorry)

Love and HUGS, Julie

And so is my brother's. We both have Sjogren's, Fibro, Discoid Lupus. My doctor's don't think it's significant, they can't explain it either. Some say it's because I take prednisone but it has never been over 5, even before I started taking it.

How are you doing now? Did your Hemotologist find anything? I go see mine in a few weeks. I have a history of high blood iron. Last year my transferrin% was high, but since ferritin is normal I don't have hemochromatosis. Also have anti-MAG antibodies.
lmba214 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote