View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 02:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks MrsD for the info.

Not quite sure how to interpret the motor question - i have enough leg strength to walk without a walker, albeit with falling risk because of my balance, and I weigh 430 pounds - so strength wise, I seem ok. If I look at my limbs I can make them do what I want - but the balance that enables walking without thinking about it eludes me.

I'll ask my Dr about my B12 levels.

Yes I meant PN - was probably thinking too much about the exercises (PE) - I have read that one of the keys to successful recovery is to keep using those muscles, so I'm trying to do everything I can.

As to a trigger, we could never identify one. They literally told me they have no idea why this hit me, and that often that is the case. The thing that causes this theory (B12) to make any sense to me is because of the radical lifestyle changes the prior few months. I went from being a 14 year alcoholic, ending mid-may of this year, after my best friend had to be put down and it got me thinking about life not being forever, and the things that being an obese drunk were keeping me from. So I went from someone having 12-15 beers a night, to having 0-1. I also cut out almost all 'bad' food (highly processed, canned items, prepared meals, fatty cheeses) and switched to a less (not zero) carb, higher protein, low fat diet. I get between 1000-2000 cals/day and have taken off over 125 pounds. The thinking was I made so many changes so quickly, I could have screwed up my B12.

No cholesteral meds, my last overall colesteral was 137.

CIDP? IVIG? Researching now...

/Bob
Thefarouk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote