View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 02:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you Mrs. D--this gave me some hope "Don't underestimate what hypo can do."
My latest labs showed TSH at 1.1, FT4 at .99 and Ft3 at 2

"I'd consider your birth control pills, as a potential problem too.
Do you absolutely have to take them?"

Although I am thin (5'3, 102 lbs)and exercise daily, I have PCOS. I take the birth control to regulate testosterone, and the metformin because my fasting glucose was 109 back in 2002. I have a family history of diabetes and heart disease.

The carpal tunnel has definitely improved, as has my circulation (never been great, but at least the blue hands are gone!--not raynauds)

I had previously read some about mucin I think--or at least some people finding relief with mucinex-? related theory?

"I know it took a full year for my feet to improve after I started levothyroxine."
I will keep pressing on. So far, I have not take the neurontin or cymbalta prescribed...I hate taking more meds when I already take a lot. But for a night of sleep, for patience...maybe I need to give it a try.

I know you do not take any meds for your pain (right?).I have held off as long as I can I think. If you or anyone has advice--I'm leaning towards the neurontin only because I don't plan to take either "long term" and I assume with even a low 30mg dose of cymbalta, I might have withdrawal effects?

Thanks again
khakis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote