View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
Noone else responding? Did I do sumfin wrong?
Hi Sally...just got back from Green Bay, WI...travelled 2 1/2 hours in the dark last night to motel...woke up at crack-***** of dawn to shower, drink a load of ice tea & water...DH showered we trucked it 500 yards to Bellin Hospital (acckk, never been there...what a beautiful lobby!) to go to the basement level & have the dreaded, icky, nasty LP done.

If you are ever in the area...and have to have a medical procedure that you dread...these folks are SERIOUS about being nice, informative...and did I mention NICE to their patients.

LP was much easier this time (definitely not the torturous procedure I remember from childhood) & radiologist/anesthisiologist was very informative & listened when I said I have a high tolerance to locals (plus it ((shudders)) helps when you feel pain when the needle moves...).

Now, I am going to get off this bucket of bolts & go take a nap...since:

1. I can't remember what blood tests they took blood for...doc's office told me yesterday & patient advocate also told me after they drew it.

2. My DH & DD have both yelled at me to go lay down

3. oh...wait, there was sumptin' else...oh, well...

Have a good evening...will return later to see if anyone knows what those blood tests were...thinking Immunoglobins...but which ones...can't remember Ig or whatever...((rreally funny since I used to be a Phleb))

Don't let it win...ENJOY something every day ... even if it's only when the cat farts & it makes you laugh or...yeah, that makes us laugh...or whatever. Don't let it rob you of joy, mirth, smiles....easier said then done?? Nahhhh....FLUFFERNUTTER....((see, you smiled, I know you did))

Last edited by new2net98; 10-16-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: shucks, forgot what I wanted to type
new2net98 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (10-17-2012), Erika (10-16-2012), Judy2 (10-19-2012), NurseNancy (10-27-2012), SallyC (10-16-2012)