View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

axs,

Glad to hear you are doing so well.

I see why you commented about supplements being expensive. Your list would cost a few dollars per day. A lot of what you have listed is included in common 'maximize your brain's potential' books like those you mentioned.

The Buffalo protocol has its limits. It is not shown to or intended to speed up recovery from concussion. In fact, they don't even start the protocol until 6 weeks post concussion. Its purpose is to enhance return to exercise and maximum physical effort. You do not start it if you are still having cognitive and balance symptoms. It is to rebuild the brain's ability to regulate blood pressure so one does not get a head ache at the first attempt to do physical effort.

Many will be easily overwhelmed by the books you mention. They are not written for those recovering from concussion.

It sounds like you are one of the 85% who recover spontaneously within 6 weeks to a few months. You are very fortunate. In looking back, I am surprised it did not tell you that you were very early in the recovery timeline. Post Concussion Syndrome is a term for symptoms that last beyond 6 weeks or so. Your concussion history likely lead to the slower spontaneous recovery.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote