View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 05:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy frustrated with situation

I guess this is more to vent than anything else. In '97, when my migraines really started to get bad, I had a great job, enjoyed working out, camping etc. After trying drug after drug and a barrage of tests, I was put on methadone with two rescue injectable narcotics each month. At the time I was working 12 hour days. The meds left me fatigued, nauseated and sleepy. Over time, tolerance to the drugs developed. More drugs and higher doses were perscribed. Now I'm on two oral narcotics, a benzodiazepene, and 8 rescue injections a month. I do like my Dr. and know he is doing everything he can.

Because of the pain, I can't lay flat without my head exploding, so for years, I have slept at and incline from the waist up. Two years ago, my lower back started . I just worked through it, but by then, I could only work three days a week. Now its only three half days, sometimes only 2 and sometimes none. I spend all the time off work in the dark. Three months ago, by back went. Now, I have to take muscle relaxants and the pain is bad enough after ten minutes on my feet, I have to sit down. I feel trapped. A walking pharmacy of pain. I used to love walking in the woods, horseback riding and other outdoor things. kind of like a 90 year old body at 49. Can anyone in a similar situation tell me how you cope? The pain just never ends, and the physical problems are permanent.

Thanks,
Sam
Sam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote