Thread: A new member
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 11:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A new member

Hi there to all (this is my 1st posting)
I did not know there was a new forom called Neuro talk , Thanks to Brian who responded to me about my problems and this forum. I had been on Brain Talk for a few years.
As you can see my user name is (matia) previously (rosecottage84) inthe old forum
Anyway the subject on Neurontin, which I have been on for about 8 1/2 years along with other meds for P/N may I say severe P/n in my feet.
Is there a chance that the body can become immune to the above drug??

Next question is that my GP asked me to increase the rate from 2400 mgs a day to 3600 mgs per day (max ) at the rate of 1/ 300 mg pill per week.
Im only on the second week of increase and my feet are worse than before .
Is there a possible chance of this drug is putting more toxicity in ones body?, and the effects in my feet are SO BAD ,( I say LORD keep me sane , help me bear this pain)
The feelings I have I presume, will be the same as all of you sufferers,pins and needles, hot, cold, electric shocks large and small,the feeling as if ones toe nails are being pulled out, severe aneasthatised? feelings,Cramps and tightnness of the skin.
The last regime of drugs has been a trial run of Methadone , no Im not a drugy, the taste of this stuff is between ( horse urine and kerosene)
not that Ive tried either off. I came off that ( cold turkey )31/3/2007
By the way my P/n was caused by the drug Amioderone to control Atrial Fibulation.
Please tell me is there any cure for P/N, has anyone been cured ?
Im to have a trial sessions of Bowen Therapy starting wext week , ( nothing to lose , everything to gain) , Ill let you know.
Cheers from New Zealand matia ( a NZ hardwood tree )
My e/m is wanaka84@xtra.co.nz
matia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote