View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your suggestions and you are right I am learning that I cannot tackle what I used to all at once, I have to do things little bit by little bit and rest.

It is hard to say how long I have had TOS as I can look back over the years and see where the odd pains that I had were probably related. It was originally brought to my attention that I may possibly have TOS about 1 year ago and more formally diagnosed in Aug of this year.

I was told by the Doctors it probably developed due a few factors.
1. Several years ago I had a bad car accident when I cut my head literally half way off and my muscles and nerves were sewn back together.
2. Broken Clavicle that mended incorrectly from the same accident.
3. Long neck, droopy shoulders apparently makes me more prone.
4. Chronic Stress, depression and bad posture.

How long have you had TOS? What type do you have and how did you developed yours? Also curious as to what your major symptoms are.

Let me know when you get a chance and again Thank you for your post and suggestions.

Teresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysf View Post
It's great that you get some benefit from the various therapies you've tried. If the pain returns when you try to resume a more active lifestyle, perhaps you would benefit from taking it slower. I think it's pretty common among the people here that we sometimes rush ourselves because we want so badly to reclaim our lives. It's always beneficial to really listen to your body; if something causes pain, stop doing it if possible. There's no muscling through TOS.

How long have you had TOS? How did it develop?

Retake care,
Kelly
tat868 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote