View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissyanne View Post
Hi, I am also new to the forum...but I had ACDF surgery in the summer of 2011 levels C5-7. As of today, I feel a lot better than I did before the surgery. I had a permanent headache for a year w/ migraines that were so debilitating. I only get the migraines once in a while now, caused by over doing it. I have really severe shoulder spams which lead up into my neck causing the migraines. I'm not going to lie, that you need to have a high tolerance for pain for a few days. It's uncomfortable and very difficult to sleep especially laying down. I slept in a recliner for a month or so, just easier. But I promise it does get better as you heal. I went back to my full time job about 8 weeks after the surgery and also have a husband and son and they help out a great deal w/ lifting things etc. You need the support.
Now, I've been diagnosed w/ Spondylothesis and will require future surgery again, very painful, I think this is worse than my neck. Only 42 yrs old and all these problems. But I wish you luck and will try to answer any of your questions if you come back again.
Best Wishes and speedy recovery
Hi Chrissyanne, thanks for the uplifting note. I was diagnosed with severe left C5 and C6 radic with herniated foraminal disc at left C5/C6 and severe spondylosis with severe foraminal narrowing left C4/C5 and joint derangement NEC at C2/C3.

He is doing the ACDF on C4/C5, C5/C6 but wants to hold off on C2/C3 until next year. I really don't want to go through this again and at that time he said he would have to do a laminectomy from posterior. Not too happy about that.

I have exhausted all my sources, by starting out with Chiropractor, did electrial stimulation, BioFreeze, Ice, Heat, Traction in P.T. and portable traction unit for at home, TENS, Prendisone 2 med pack doses, muscle relaxors, Ibuprofen, Tylenol etc....

I will just be glad to hopefully get full feeling back in my left arm and that the headaches behind my left eye will get better.

Friday is the day so I will keep you posted. Thanks.
eeyorewis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote