View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 02:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 3 years and now Neuro thinks maybe Lupus?!!!

So, it's been 3 years since my last 2 (of several) concussions. I have gone through a lot of the ups and downs and am working hard on "acceptance" as well as coping skills to deal with symptoms.

I'm in the midst of applying for medical retirement/long term disability. My regular primary care dr has been wonderful and has recently completed the required forms. About 7 months ago she referred me to Neurologist for a final consult (I only saw the neurologist once previously just over 2 years ago - at that time she reported that I should make a full recovery).

So, finally saw the Neuro yesterday and she says that there is no way I have PCS/MTBI because I would no longer have symptoms. So, now she is sending me for blood work to check for a connective tissue disorder like Lupus. Ugh! I'm so worried this will cast doubt when my application is reviewed. Grrrrr - I do not want to be back at square 1! And I'm terrified that I will be without benefits and still unable to work!

Has anyone else experienced this "lupus suspicion"?

Thanks gang.

XSoccergal
Female, 44 years old. Several concussions over the years - the first was most severe (kicked by horse), recovered well. Last 2 concussions Oct, 2009 and were two weeks apart. I attempted to return to working 12 hrs/wk (working from home), but was unsuccessful. Currently applying for medical disability.

Primary Symptoms: dizziness, light & sound sensitivity, confusion, difficulty focusing attention, headaches, depression, exteme fatigue, some insomnia and occassional speach problems - stammer, halted speach as I try to find the word or thought and using incorrect words. Trouble focusing on conversation if there is other noise around - especially other conversations.

Soccergal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (10-17-2012)