View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Christa, the most commonly run MG blood test is the AChR panel -- and your antibodies were positive. I don't know if your positive test was blocking, binding, or modulating -- doesn't really matter. Good news is that AChR MGers "usually" respond to Mestinon. You've probably already read in the forum that Mestinon is a "band-aid", not a real "treatment", per se. There are several of us here who only take Mestinon. It really might be enough for you. In the beginning, Mestinon restored me to about 80% of "normal". It is probably giving me more like 50%, now -- but, heck, that is a WHOLE lot better than what you are currently dealing with. And Mestinon doesn't cause cancer, diabetes, bone-thinning, or any other harsh, long-lasting side-effects that the immune-suppressant/immune modulators do. Mestinon can cause GI symptoms -- they often subside or are lessened if you take the pills with food.

The sooner you get an appointment and a prescription.........

I KNOW this is scary -- and I'm soooooo sorry!! But, you are AHEAD of the game!! You ALREADY have a postive diagnosis via bloodwork!! (So many HAVE the symptoms and are most certainly MGers, but have negative tests -- and cannot get treatment.)