View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 04:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
I am that fellow that MrsD referred to above. I am an alcoholic, albeit a sober one. I drank for about 20 years daily, now I am 440 days sober. I pretty much went from a healthy average sized person to a drunk in a wheelchair. If you follow the thread on that you will see that 3 things worked for me. One, I quit drinking and started eating. Two, I forced myself to exercise a little bit a day to keep the legs moving and three, I took MrsD advice and went on a vitamin regime of:

Centrum Men Under 50, Multivitamin, 200-Count Bottle
Doctor's Best Benfotiamine (150 mg), Vegetable Capsules, 120-Count
Jarrow Formulations Jarrow B-right Complex, 100 Capsules

I am now walking without my cane most of the time, can work FT and I feel great.

Now, I dont know what percentage of PN sufferers beat it, but in my case I pretty much did. I will most likely have many lingering effects over my lifetime, but where I am at today beats the hell out of where I was 1.5 years ago.

Stay positive, force yourself outside and you have a chance! I am walking proof of that.

Ice in VA
Is that what you take? I've been taking B-complex, B-12, B-12 shots. I'm not having much luck as far as improvement goes. I guess I'll have to reach out a little further and try the benfotiamine. And the Jarrow mixture. I'll have to take the Centrum over-50 though!

That's a good story, bro. I've got about 9 months off the bottle. At least my symptoms have stabilized and not spread, I can say that much, I've got the sensory PN in my feet and it hasn't affected my motor skills, but it's atropied my leg muscles and caused all kinds of unreal pain in my feet. I will say that the doc got me on a time-release 24 hour 200 mg neurontin pill and that's helped A LOT. Plus the gabapentin. Glad you're working full-time, I've had my worries about the same thing.
Brue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote