View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, Icehouse.

Like you, my symptoms include tingling, numbness, lack of balance, inability to walk normally... same tingling/numbness in my hands, which is impacting my typing... and since I cannot feel my feet, I keep missing the brake pedal, so I'm not safe to drive ATM either... as a software engineer, I depend on being able to go to/from work, and type at a high rate, so this condition is really threatening my work - which is part of why I'm so anxious for some idea of whether I'll get over this or not.

(warning: pontification coming) The reality is, instead of focusing on the future obsessively (which creates my anxiety), I am using cognative therapy to try to retrain my brain to focus on today. Whatever happens with the job is beyond my control at this point - and reminding myself of that helps me stay focused on today instead of tomorrow.

I'll be asking my doctor to either test for, or produce from my records, levels for B1, B3, B6, B12, A, D, Thyroid, Pantothanic Acid, Biotin, and heavy metals. I'm also going to ask why we did not do an EMG, and suggest we should consider an EMG, conductive testing, and perhaps a nerve biopsy.

In the mean time, I've made new friends here, which is also helpful, as I live a very independant and isolated life and have almost no support group. Thank you again, all.

Peace and joy,

/Bob
Thefarouk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote